Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chapter One and Two

1. I grew up listening to popular boy bands, like backstreet boys, LFO, 98 degrees, ect. I think the reason my taste changed in music is because the worlds taste in music has changed. once was popular then is not popular now. a band is only popular for so long and then new and improved artist become popular and take their spots on the radio. When they stop playing them on the radio the taste of everyone's music changed. I do think my interest in music back then and now shaped my identity. Because everyone listens to different music and it can really show who you are as a person, and how different you are from someone else.

3. This may sound funny but I think the new Ipod touches are/can be harmful to kids. One because if young kids have them they spend less time being active, and they only focus on the new games and the new technologies. Also I feel like they interact with less children. Also another thing you have to keep in mind is that with the new Ipod touches kids have access to the internet at such an early age, and I wouldn't want my kid on the internet at such an early age. I do not think they should be removed from circulation or even band, because I do not think it is harmful enough to be band or removed.

5. I think these forms of postmodern form of communication can harm more traditional and native cultures because it could be offensive to there culture. It can also be awkward for there culture since they do not know how to use it since they are more traditional. They look at the world different and they might think bad of us since we use  so many forms of communication. It might harm them because they are not use to using so many forms of communication and it might confuse them.

Chapter two

2. I am most excited about the new and fast improving internet they are starting to make it a lot easier to use. They are doing this because of all the new technology equipment. what's troubling about it is every time they come out with new and improved items they make you want to buy them and most the time they are very expansive. Also once you get the new product you want there is another product bigger and better on its way. Also as technology advances my parents generation gets harder to understand it.

1. My first encounter with the internet was when I was little we started doing using it in middle school for many different things. I thought it was amazing that you could look anything up or even chat with your friends online and email others. But looking back that is all I have known so it is probably not as amazing as when my parents look back and think if they could have the internet when i started I think they would appreciate it more. It was very different than the first time I used a cell phone, i thought i was so cool when i had my first one. I thought I was so old.

4. I do not think virtual communities are genuine communities because virtual means fake, and they are not real. I do not think they are genuine because I feel they can get hacked into and i do feel like if anyone can get in to them they are not very genuine, and they are not real.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura,
    Please make sure to list the actual question before your answer so I know which one you are answering. Thanks!
    Dr. Harris

    ReplyDelete